Siding Installation in Bucks and Montgomery County
Are you looking into replacing or installing new sliding on your home? Siding incorporates both form and function: Form in that it adds color and style to your house and function in that it protects your home from the elements.
Popular Types Of Siding
Different siding materials provide unique looks and various degrees of protection. For example:
- Vinyl siding is relatively low cost and easy to maintain. Dramatic advances in technology have allowed this to be a versatile and popular choice—the variety of colors and styles available are extensive.
- Wood siding comes in variety of styles (Shingle, shakes, etc.) and materials (red cedar and redwood, which are known for being attractive and durable—think Cape Cods and quaint cottages. Rich wood siding can last anywhere from ten to100 years, depending on how it is maintained.
- Fiber-cement siding has become a popular choice because it can give the look of masonry, stucco, or wood at a much lower cost. It is low-maintenance, non-flammable and termite resistant.
- Stucco siding is a traditional material and commonly found on Mediterranean, ranch, and Spanish-mission exteriors. When stucco siding is properly installed and maintained, it can last the lifetime of the house.
When you are reviewing your siding options it is important to keep in mind the following:
- How water resistant is the siding? Different materials handle moisture better than others. You want to be sure the material you choose will have a long life and resist the types of damage that water can cause.
- Is this material energy efficient? You should always be aware of the R-value in the siding material you use. The higher the R-value, the better the thermal insulation.
- Do the aesthetics of the siding fit both my house and my neighborhood? The color, texture, and overall look of your siding should reflect both your tastes and the environment of the home.
The type of home you own and its exterior features can play a major role in your siding choice. For example, if you have a mid-century split level, you may want to choose a siding that integrates clean, simple lines to compliment the style of the home. A Victorian home, on the other hand, may require something more ornate.
- Is your siding eco-friendly? Today, caring about the environment is not just about saving endangered species; increasingly, it is about taking care of the places where we work and live. So, it is important that you know if the materials in your siding is toxic or biodegradable. If you are going green, always ask if the material is certified green.
- How durable is the siding? You should have a good idea of the lifespan of your siding. Mother Nature has a lot to say about the wear and tear on our homes’ exteriors, so it is important to know how often the siding needs to be maintained and, eventually, replaced.
There are siding options to fit every budget. However, be sure to review what you want and be sure it fits your budget. Costs can escalate, so be sure you review your options carefully before making any decisions.
Dennis & Sons Contracting is ready to help you determine which options best meet your needs. In choosing the right siding, you have many options to consider. The right siding can enhance the look of your home, but it can also improve how your home functions on the inside. Energy-saving materials can help you keep those utility bills lower year-round as your home stays cooler in summer and warm and cozy in winter. We’ve been servicing the Bucks and Montgomery County areas since 1909!